Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Home, The Philippines


Image courtesy of Pixabay


The Philippines, a tropical South East Asian country composed of 7, 107 islands, with 18 regions subdivided into 81 provinces and a population of 100,096,496 and counting.


This is my country, the place where I was born and the place where I choose to spend the rest of my life with.


It is a developing country, with so many improvements and changes to face in the coming years. Many are poor and homeless, but I still see a lot of hope and a bright future for this country of strong willed people.


I have witnessed some of the worst calamities and natural disasters such as the Mount Pinatubo eruption in 1991 and the wrath of Typhoon Haiyan in 2013, which have again proven the ability of Filipinos to stand up and manage to share a smile amidst all the losses and pain they have experienced.


Majority of the population of this country are Christians, divided into different religions. We also have Muslim brothers and sisters in who mostly dwell in the southern part of the country.


I have then decided to create this blog as a place where I can share my thoughts and opinions about the current issues and events that are happening in my native country and in other places as well.


It is my sincerest hope to somehow represent the views of the ordinary people regarding the things that are happening in this beautiful country and some of the trending topics in the world today.


Do check on my blog every now and then to get the latest ideas and views on the issues of today, on the Philippines and the world..




                Pixabay Images


For some dose of inspiration and good vibes, please check out my blog GraceR on Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and feed backs. Do check back every now and then or subscribe to this blog to regularly receive my latest posts.